Global Head of Marketing Communications
First Derivatives is a publicly-traded (AIM London Stock Exchange), fast-growing software and technology services company in the streaming analytics space, poised for accelerated growth as we penetrate industries beyond capital markets in verticals such as high-tech manufacturing, automotive, oil and gas, utilities and telecommunications. We are looking for an experienced, results-focused and creative global Head of Marketing Communications who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and making an impact. Reporting directly to the CMO, this person will build strong relationships across sales, product and marketing, is a strong communicator, brand-builder, understands the full marketing funnel, recognizes the importance of integrated campaigns and is focused on delivering measurable results in support of our growth goals.
This role will lead a growing team that includes a campaign manager, graphics and multi-media designers as well as a senior web developer. In addition to driving the brand and increasing awareness, this role is responsible for developing and executing our content strategy and the demand campaigns to build the pipeline. The role will be based out of our New York or London offices
- Play a lead role with the CMO on brand strategy and execution, managing agency relationships and their delivery of agreed outcomes. Maintain and evolve the look and feel of the company brand.
- Drive and implement all corporate marketing activities to ensure on-brand positioning across all aspects of the marketing mix.
- Build a digital marketing discipline that elevates the brand and provides visibility for Sales, including a content marketing strategy, implementing an effective SEO/SEM strategy, and driving ROI through marketing analytics.
- Lead and implement content marketing initiatives across multiple channels (e.g. website, email, social etc.) to increase customer engagement.
- Lead a team of professional creatives to develop top notch visuals, marketing and sales collateral
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Field Marketing and Corporate Communications to develop and execute plans that grow our brand awareness, consideration and preference.
- Partner with the HR Team on employee branding efforts and campaigns targeting prospective employees and positioning FD as an employer of choice.
- Track and report quantifiable results on an ongoing basis.
- Build our digital marketing strategies and capabilities from the ground up, ensuring we have the best tools, tracking, and set up in place for optimal brand and product growth
- Develop a data-driven approach to prioritize, test, evaluate, and optimize marketing experiments to acquire new customers
- Plan and execute omnichannel digital marketing strategies to prime customer lead generation funnels
- Manage company websites
- Support marketing leadership with operations, content development, and insights and strategy development
What you bring to the table:
- 8+ years corporate brand and communications experience in B2B technology businesses – software business a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree a plus.
- Deep functional expertise in all aspects of marketing communications with a proven track record of driving business results through disruptive marketing and sales enablement programs.
- Experience using marketing automation systems to orchestrate across the marketing mix
- A solid track record of driving key brand metrics like awareness, consideration and preference
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and executing integrated demand campaigns that contribute to the pipeline
- A fast learner and intellectually curious
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.Excels at working cross-functionally, aligning multiple stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker who can build and drive execution plans to bring strategy to fruition
- Ability to understand and connect technical details to meaningful customer value.
- Strong experience working with marketing analytics tools to measure marketing mix ROI and drive the right programs necessary to support the company’s ambitious growth goals.
- Exceptional leadership skills and proven ability to attract, develop, manage and mentor top talent.
- Business driver, with proven track record of leading marketing teams that deliver significant bottom line results.
We’re a leading provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry, with 2400+ staff globally. First Derivatives (FD) is a provider of regulatory and IT consulting services to the capital markets industry as well as high-performance time-series database software. The combined proposition gives FD a differentiated offering within capital markets, an industry increasingly challenged by regulation and data management. Additionally, FD has begun to establish itself in a number of industries outside of capital markets.
Benefits including pension, healthcare, business expenses, competitive holidays and more.
This role is within our CMC practice, based from our London office.