Senior Web Developer
Location: London / Belfast / Newry HQ / Dublin
First Derivatives is a publicly-traded (AIM London Stock Exchange), fast-growing software and technology services company in the streaming analytics space, poised for accelerated growth as we penetrate industries beyond capital markets such as high-tech manufacturing, automotive, oil and gas and telecommunications. We are looking for an experienced Web Developer/Designer with extensive technical and design experience and a demonstrated track record of building and managing high-performing websites in the B2B technology space to join our growing marketing team. As Senior Web Developer, you’ll be an integral part of our marketing communications team and responsible for developing and maintaining our corporate website. With a focus on UX and scalability, you will improve & maintain site performance, metric and conversion tracking, as well as help drive key marketing initiatives.
The position requires someone highly proficient with content management solutions and experience with PHP and WordPress CMS, as well as custom theme development. You will work closely with the marketing team and outside agencies to deliver an excellent web experience supporting our marketing strategy to help build awareness, consideration and preference. You will also ensure we leverage our website to support our integrated demand campaigns and that the website performs as a critical channel in our overall marketing strategy, employing industry best practices and new technologies.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, creative thinker, problem-solver who enjoys building and delivering measurable results as well as working as part of a team.
- Own the website and work closely with the marketing team, product team and other teams to ensure it is supporting the business and marketing strategy
- Create websites and user interfaces, using standard HTML/CSS practices, while incorporating data from back-end databases and services
- Consistently create well-designed, tested code using best practices for website development, including mobile and responsive site design
- Look for and implement code-based optimisations to increase site performance and ensure best practices
- Build quality assurance into your workflow; verify your work with testing and ensure mobile and cross-browser compatibility
- Work quickly and carefully to complete small edits requested by internal customers, develop plans for completing larger projects, collaborate with colleagues and suggest new solutions to improve existing websites
- Manage external agencies and contractors
- Perform UI designs and coding, creating reusable objects and templates, wireframes for web pages; manage maintenance, updates, expansions, and scaling of each design
- Create and maintain visual assets such as icons, colour palettes, branding collateral, using a design language system approach.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 7+ years’ experience working as a web developer with in-depth knowledge of user interface design principals, responsive web design, user-centric design processes, accessibility and usability methodologies
- Experience managing agencies and contractors/employees
- Bachelor’s degree in web development, multimedia design, or related field
- Experience planning and developing websites across multiple products and organizations
- Experience with modern design templating languages (i.e. Bootstrap)
- Comfortable with pre-processor styling languages such as Less for minified CSS
- Developing with WordPress – using advanced features e.g. advanced custom fields, themes, custom post types, multisite etc.
- Backend WordPress Development – developing custom theme templates in PHP
- Comfortable with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite including Photoshop and Illustrator for designing graphical content and mock-ups for the web
- Time management skills and able to handle more than one project at a time
- Ability to communicate effectively with designers, technical and non-technical teams and individuals
Thank you for your interest. Applications for this vacancy are currently closed. You can find out more about our other HQ roles by clicking here.