First Derivatives plc is a global leader in consulting, business services and technology. We are the home for diverse thinkers and innovators. We know that our people are vital to our success and we are proud of the diverse and vibrant team we have built across the globe. We are committed to hiring top talent, creating an environment where they can thrive, and recognizing and rewarding their dedication as they progress within the company.
Reporting to the Head of Information Security, the Information Security Technical Consultant will be part of a team ensuring the security of all group systems, infrastructure and applications.
Additional responsibilities include involvement in the implementation of new security solutions across all group business units, review of operations of the in-place security solutions for both corporate and hosted datacentre environments, and the use of tools to identify, investigate and resolve security events detected by these systems.
The Information Security Technical Consultant is expected to be fully aware of security goals, must always possess a thorough understanding of the threat landscape, and must work with the Head of Information Security to mitigate threats and maintain best-in-class security.
- Work with the business to provide security solutions design and architecture review for client and internal systems, and interface with project delivery teams for planning.
- Migrate and evolve our existing datacentre security controls to equivalent cloud-based solutions, whilst ensuring where possible that controls are cloud-agnostic and can be applied across AWS/GCP/Azure for future service offerings.
- Work with system and network teams to ensure all solution implementation components are designed and secured as per group and industry best practice (e.g. CIS, NIST)
- Create, review, and approve change requests and interface with delivery teams to determine any security impact of these changes.
- Assist R&D with moving to a DevOps model that will harness the power of scaling in the cloud for example, client demos/proof of concepts whilst delivering best of breed security and ensuring compliance with security/audit controls throughout the SDLC.
- Advise R&D on best practice for embedding security functional testing in the core Software Development Lifecyle.
- Assist with process improvement and migration to DevOps whilst ensuring source code and build systems (Gitlab, JIRA etc) are fully secure to ensure protection of our key Group Intellectual Property.
- 5+ years of infosec operations experience; CISSP, SSCP, CCSP, GIAC or similar infosec qualifications
- Experience designing security architecture solutions both for on-premise and cloud
- Experience with multiple cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) security technologies and tools e.g AWS Cloudwatch or Cloudtrail, Azure Sentinel etc.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of network technologies and protocols and security of same (VPN, WAN, LAN, DMZ, TLS, SSL)
- Experience with IT security technologies and methods including OS hardening, Data Leakage Protection, Endpoint and Media encryption, 2fa, Web Content filters, IPS/IDS.
- Experience with SIEM reporting/alerting technologies, including vulnerability detection.
- Experience of developing and implementing information security policies and procedures.
- Programming or development experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication including the ability to exchange information, present ideas, and to report facts (both verbally and in writing) clearly and concisely.
Experience with frameworks such as ISO 27001/2, SOC, NIST, or COBIT.
This role is based in Dublin.
Working for FD:
At FD, you will embark upon a career with life-long learning at its core, facilitating rapid professional and personal development and the opportunity to design your own path. We support a variety of external training courses and accreditations and are truly passionate about our Mentor Program, through which our senior colleagues generously set aside personal time to coach and support others in their career progression.
We are delighted to have several active internal networks, social committees, and charity initiatives, designed with the intention of meeting the holistic needs of our employees and giving back to our communities.
Our employees are rewarded with numerous benefits as part of their employment, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive Health Care Package
- Pension plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual leave increasing with service
- Group Life Protection Benefit
- Training opportunities
- FD Internal Network and Sports & Social Calendar
Who are we?
First Derivatives plc (FD) is a leading software and services company, with world-leading intellectual property in ultra-high-performance analytics (KX) across industries, and extensive domain expertise and capabilities in capital markets systems and technology (managed services and consulting).
KX technology is designed to capture and analyze data to make real-time decisions in a world where data volumes generated by markets and machines are increasing exponentially, and existing technologies fail due to technological or commercial limitations.
KX is widely adopted throughout the financial industry and is poised for accelerated growth across high-tech manufacturing, automotive, oil and gas, utilities, and telecommunications.
First Derivative provides a range of managed services and consulting worldwide to its clients in the capital markets sector, including many of the world’s leading banks, focused on supporting mission-critical systems as well as helping them to achieve and maintain regulatory compliance.