First Derivatives plc is a global leader in consulting, business services and technology. We are the home for diverse thinkers and innovators. We know that our people are vital to our success and we are proud of the diverse and vibrant team we have built across the globe. We are committed to hiring top talent, creating an environment where they can thrive, and recognizing and rewarding their dedication as they progress within the company.
To meet the growing demand for our technology and services, we are currently growing our Automation practice and we are looking for an Intelligent Automation Lead to join us in London.
- Interface with technology infrastructure management to ensure world-class customer experience levels and provide problem management support for the Command Centre.
- Lead the technical aspects of process development, including deciding the scope of automation potential, including assessment both from a business and technical standpoint.
- Liaise with product and tech to create customer and prospect feedback loops to define the Automation and VA strategy and Roadmaps, by attending relevant forums such as CAB and other steering groups.
- Keep abreast of leading-edge technological developments in automation and VA and seek appropriate signs off to embed these into the Programme Director where appropriate.
- Provide exception reporting to Executive Committee
- Work with each workstream lead to promote automation and ensure that they play an automation champion role.
- Build a first-class Automation practice including recruiting talent, onboarding and training them and ensuring that their skills develop over time.
- Develop a risk-benefit matrix to better understand if the risks of the unknown consequences of working with intelligent machines are worth the business benefits delivered by them.
- Develop how robots hand back to and handoff to humans and vice versa It will be vital to ensure that machine designers include clear mechanisms for passing control back to humans when baselines and thresholds are exceeded and that humans are ready for the hand-off.
- Graduate and post-graduate qualifications in a related technology field and 10-plus years in a mid- or senior-level role.
- Executive leadership in a tier-one technology company with a comprehensive understanding of RPA architecture & the solution design.
- International experience a plus.
- Experience in nontechnical functions (i.e., pre-sales, finance, etc.) will convey an advantage.
- A passion for programming and robotics and an understanding and/or interest in entrepreneurship, corporate innovation, human resources, talent management and operations.
- Ability to facilitate Post Production Monitoring as deemed necessary by business stakeholders.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring technology systems from a risk standpoint.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with C-level executives, and influence decision-making processes at this level.
- Experience in project and process management.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to lead decisions to implement, taking into account the economies of scale for automation, implementation costs vs. business benefits in a quantifiable way.
- Excellent leadership, communication and collaboration skills.
This role is based in London.
Working for FD:
At FD, you will embark upon a career with life-long learning at its core, facilitating rapid professional and personal development and the opportunity to design your own path. We support a variety of external training courses and accreditations and are truly passionate about our Mentor Program, through which our senior colleagues generously set aside personal time to coach and support others in their career progression.
We are delighted to have several active internal networks, social committees, and charity initiatives, designed with the intention of meeting the holistic needs of our employees and giving back to our communities.
Our employees are rewarded with numerous benefits as part of their employment, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive Health Care Package
- Pension plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual leave increasing with service
- Group Life Protection Benefit
- Training opportunities
- FD Internal Network and Sports & Social Calendar
Who are we?
First Derivatives plc (FD) is a leading software and services company, with world-leading intellectual property in ultra-high-performance analytics (KX) across industries, and extensive domain expertise and capabilities in capital markets systems and technology (managed services and consulting).
KX technology is designed to capture and analyze data to make real-time decisions in a world where data volumes generated by markets and machines are increasing exponentially, and existing technologies fail due to technological or commercial limitations.
KX is widely adopted throughout the financial industry and is poised for accelerated growth across high-tech manufacturing, automotive, oil and gas, utilities, and telecommunications.
First Derivative provides a range of managed services and consulting worldwide to its clients in the capital markets sector, including many of the world’s leading banks, focused on supporting mission-critical systems as well as helping them to achieve and maintain regulatory compliance.