First Derivatives plc is a global leader in consulting, business services and technology. We are the home for diverse thinkers and innovators. We know that our people are vital to our success and we are proud of the diverse and vibrant team we have built across the globe. We are committed to hiring top talent, creating an environment where they can thrive, and recognizing and rewarding their dedication as they progress within the company.
At FD we are undergoing a transformation program, changing both the technology and processes to modernize our various business functions. To support this, we are implementing Oracle covering the key competencies of ERP, SCM,HCM, PPM, EPM (Planning, Allocations, Consolidation).
The role we are currently hiring for is to provide Oracle support to the business, post-implementation support and fulfill best practice approach and governance over this technology as it integrates internally and externally with other applications. Within this role you will be expected to have a strong understanding of how Oracle technology supports the business unit functions in general.
- From a technical perspective, Oracle tools in support of various functions; including security, updates, patching, process development and documentation etc.
- Maintain a solution that best accommodates the needs of the FD business
- Supporting the business through their key processes ensuring that the system is effectively supporting their needs
- Monitor and maintain the Oracle systems ensuring that processes are operating effectively, and that data is transferring between the systems correctly
- Problem and incident management of issues arising on the Oracle platform as well as the data movements between the systems, with experience of raising incident through Oracle support
- Working effectively with other areas of IT to ensure that changes and issue resolution are performed effectively and efficiently
- Problem-solving to identify and action appropriate remedies for technical issues associated with Oracle applications and related components
- Active engagement in the planning, scoping, managing and creation of deliverables as part of a team supporting/implementing ERP functionality
- Delivery of tasks related to the Oracle technology including support, change and test-related activities
- Support, where appropriate, the requirements gathering process providing guiding and support to ensure decisions are made in line with FD strategy and standards
- Help to establish best practices around the support of the Oracle platform working with project teams and business partners
- Liaising with Oracle to ensure issues are effectively resolved and to assist in the implementation of ongoing patch changes on the platform
- Mentor and support other team members.
- Good knowledge of processes that support Oracle ERP application. Cloud experience preferable if not strong R12 will do
- Relevant experience working in similar roles across industry sectors
- Hands on Oracle experience with a key focus on ERP
- Experience on various interfaces (including banking, external expense systems), workflow, with ability to write SQL to interrogate data
- Experience on using BI tools (e.g OTBI)
- Support quarterly Oracle patching /planning based on features released#
- Ability to translate technical information to non-technical individuals is essential, as well as the ability to present this to a range of audiences at different levels of the organization in a clear and concise way
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team player
This role is based in Newry, Belfast or Dublin.
Working for FD:
At FD, you will embark upon a career with life-long learning at its core, facilitating rapid professional and personal development and the opportunity to design your own path. We support a variety of external training courses and accreditations and are truly passionate about our Mentor Program, through which our senior colleagues generously set aside personal time to coach and support others in their career progression.
We are delighted to have several active internal networks, social committees, and charity initiatives, designed with the intention of meeting the holistic needs of our employees and giving back to our communities.
Our employees are rewarded with numerous benefits as part of their employment, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive Health Care Package
- Pension plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual leave increasing with service
- Group Life Protection Benefit
- Training opportunities
- FD Internal Network and Sports & Social Calendar
Who are we?
First Derivatives plc (FD) is a leading software and services company, with world-leading intellectual property in ultra-high-performance analytics (KX) across industries, and extensive domain expertise and capabilities in capital markets systems and technology (managed services and consulting).
KX technology is designed to capture and analyze data to make real-time decisions in a world where data volumes generated by markets and machines are increasing exponentially, and existing technologies fail due to technological or commercial limitations.
KX is widely adopted throughout the financial industry and is poised for accelerated growth across high-tech manufacturing, automotive, oil and gas, utilities, and telecommunications.
First Derivative provides a range of managed services and consulting worldwide to its clients in the capital markets sector, including many of the world’s leading banks, focused on supporting mission-critical systems as well as helping them to achieve and maintain regulatory compliance.